7 pc. Stainless Steel Mycology Lab Tool Set
mycology lab tool set was designed to make mushroom cloning, culturing, and general laboratory work easy. Each kit is housed in a zippered carrying case for easy portability and contains the following corrosion resistant stainless steel instruments:
- (1) Stainless high precision needle-nose tweezers
- (1) Stainless straight-blade scissors
- (1) Stainless knife w/ integrated blade
- (1) Stainless inoculation loop
- (1) Stainless grooved scalpel handle #3 w/ metric ruler
- (1) Stainless flat scalpel handle #7
- (4) Stainless #10 sterile scalpel blades
(Note: Carrying case is NOT autoclavable.)
To maintain the integrity of your instruments, follow the care instructions below.
Before sterilizing, clean instruments using the following protocol.
- Rinse off any fluids or tissues with water.
- Manually clean instruments with a soft plastic brush and a pH neutral detergent. (Never use steel wool or wire brushes.)
- Thoroughly dry instruments with a clean towel. (This will minimize the risk of corrosion and water spots.)
- Low pH detergents may breakdown the stainless protective surface and cause black staining.
- High pH detergents may cause surface deposits of brown stains, which can interfere with the smooth operation of the instrument.
- To avoid accidental cuts, extreme care must be always taken when attaching and removing the scalpel blades.
- Keep all instruments away from pets and children.
- To prevent contamination, always sterilize your instruments before use.